High Strung!

Whenever I come across little glass jars or bottles, I can't help myself from stringing them up and the end result is always fun! The latest one in my collection is made by stringing together a bunch of colourful tea light holders that I had bought last Diwali. Now they hang next to my bathroom mirror and hold all kinds of handy stuff. 


For those of you who haven't seen my earlier post on the bath makeover, you might want to check this out. You'll know what I mean when I say that sometimes small spaces can be a blessing in disguise, they just challenge you to think out of the box. 



Here are two more of my mobile glass holders - one hangs from my dressing mirror and the other was a money plant holder in my previous house. All you need is a few jars/ bottles and a string of rope to make yourself one of these. You don't even have to go out of your way to look for the glass pieces, just raid your stuff for old spice jars, tea light holders, miniature alcohol bottles or even cosmetic jars...you're bound to find something! And if you are feeling a little more creative then get a set of stain glass paints and go wild with the plain glass pieces.

Use these as planters, trinket holders or even tea light displays. They also  make great gifts for friends.


Comments

  1. I thought I left a message on this post before , but am not able to see it. Anyways ! I am completely bowled over the way you are doing your home. So much warmth and color and yet so light and transluscent. Each space is coming alive with your imagination Sahana. I said you will be my interior decorator for my house in Hyd :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait a minute Shanthi!!! I thought I was your interior designer in Hyderabad and I live here too???? Oh well, if it has to be someone else, it may as well be Sahana...no hard feelings! Speaking of your glass bottle idea..you better watch out cos people may steal the idea cos its fabulous!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shanthi, thanks a ton, happy to help anytime!
    And Kamini, the idea is to inspire...so steal with pride! haahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shahana,

    Stumbled upon your blog through some other blogs (don't even remember how), the point being this is such a visual treat.

    Loved your blog. The pictures and the words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wellla.... Sahana... where was this post hidden till date? wondering... lovely idea... i tried once, but i guess the tying was not great. the bottle broke.. :( .. nevertheless, seeing this post, i am inspired to do it again..! but where to get coloured mini bottles or pots like these..! (dont tell me its from IKEA again).. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. hola, i am reposting this on my FB page...! and yes, such simple ideas are worth-stealing.. oops inspiring..!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh... so so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this simple idea. The plain jars with plants is the best. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply suberb ... how lovely to hang these hanging planters at the entrance ... I'm inspired and my imagination is going haywire!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sahana its been a wonderful treat to see ur home. Ur ideas are awesome.Thanks a ton for sharing ur ideas and inspiring many like me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts