Made-to-order...fun with furniture!


I know I have been gone far too long, it was never my intention to disappear from this blog. I have procrastinated over it endlessly and missed it terribly but I am finally back and we have a lot of catching up to do.

Those of you who have been following my posts (when I did post!) will know that I have been talking about getting into furniture design and interior decor for a while now, it was the reason I decided to walk away from a corporate career. Well, I am happy to say that things have been moving on that front and as my 'come back' story I'd like to share a little bit of that with you guys.

You know that my tryst with furniture started with me designing pieces for my own home. Living in Bombay one quickly realises that there aren't too many options out there if you are looking to buy furniture with great aesthetics at a reasonable price...never the twain shall meet! 
Yes, there is always the likes of fabindia, but it's completely overexposed due to the dearth of choices. So if you want to give your home an individualistic touch and bring in elements of your own style, where do you go? You come to me, hopefully. Ha ha!

Customisation is key and that's what I do. You can choose your own design, have it sized to your requirement, pick your own colour, upholstery, hardware etc. and basically have it all personalised to fit your home. 

Here's a sneak peak into stuff that I have done recently. 
I love wooden furniture with a distressed finish. It has a classic appeal and is the easiest way to add a pop of colour to any room.  

This cabinet was sized to fit perfectly into a nook in the kitchen
A built-in plate rack for easy stacking, without fear of chipping or cracking
Vintage tiles lift this cabinet from ordinary to fab! Who says functional pieces need to be sans style?!

The most challenging thing to possibly find in the market is a good couch. It's practically impossible to get the best of style, comfort and upholstery that will match your taste, all in one piece. That's probably why it's one of my most selling offerings.


So that's all for now, I will be back with detailed accounts of some other pieces soon. 
There's also a whole other story on my work in interiors, it's something that I have recently started in collaboration with a talented designer and home-store owner, but more about that later.

For furniture consultations and orders, please write to sahana.homecanvas@gmail.com

Comments

  1. wow Sahana.. You came back with a bang....!
    You are so talented...! Everytime I see your blog, i get inspired..
    and needless to say, I adore you so much.. :)
    And when there was no new post by you, i still happen to browse my favorite blog , run through those old posts... :)

    Warm Hugs
    Amrita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amrita! You are always so generous with your praise, it makes my day :)

      Delete
  2. congrats on your new venture?Is this almirah made of new wood or old wood?

    ReplyDelete
  3. great to see you active again Sahana! The work is amazing, truly. Where is the range available ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chandan :)
      All my pieces are made-to-order so there isn't really a ready range available. I make pieces according to client requirements.

      Delete
  4. I WANT a crockery cabinet like that! How do I know the prices, do you have it on a website or something. Could you pls email ambika.kolangarakath@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sahana,good to see your post after a long time..my good wishes to you for your new venture..I loved the turquoise blue furniture,that being my favorite colour,It can really lift the appearance of any room..you have given it, that distressed look but I would prefer it the normal way..one shade darker..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts